Cases of severe dengue have seen a rapid rise in India in the last decade. No proper vaccination to prevent dengue has been discovered yet. The only way to treat individuals demonstrating symptoms of severe dengue is to admit him or her in a hospital that has a proper dengue nursing care plan and where medical professionals are more adept in treating the dengue symptoms.
Dengue’s severe flu-like symptoms can turn out to be fatal for some if it is left unchecked or treated too late. Therefore, it is of utmost importance that every individual be well aware of these symptoms caused by four types of dengue virus so that they can be identified in advance and treated quickly.
The following are the dengue fever symptoms –
- Severe headache and pain in eyes
- Skin rashes looking like red spots
- Sudden high fever for two to seven days
- Muscle and joint pain
- Swelling of glands
- Nausea and vomiting
One can safeguard themselves against dengue by adapting proper preventive measures to control mosquito breeding.
The preventive measures that one can adopt are –
- Regular emptying out and cleaning of wastebaskets
- Proper disposal of compostable waste
- Keeping the surroundings clean
- Cleaning out stagnant water
- Installing window nets
- Using mosquito nets, coils, vaporizers and mosquito repellent ointments
- Keeping water bodies clean
- Wearing long covered clothing to prevent mosquito bites
Even after adopting all the above preventive measures, a person can still contract dengue fever. In such cases, individuals can opt for dengue nursing care plans like Dengue Cover offered by Bajaj Finserv under Pocket Insurance & Subscriptions to preserve their financial interests during this period.
Such policy covers significant expenses related to hospitalization, medical costs and post-hospital treatment such as –
- This dengue insurance policy will cover fees incurred on consultation with the doctor throughout the treatment process.
- The expenses on diagnostic tests before, after and during the stay at the hospital.
- This dengue insurance cover provides funding for the cost of all medication required during the treatment process.
- Financial aid is provided for other treatment-related charges such as rent of the hospital room.
- If the patient has to be hospitalized due to dengue fever, this dengue insurance plan will cover all hospitalization expenses up to Rs. 50,000.
The premiums can be carried out through multiple online payment options such as online account transfers, UPI, mobile wallets.
Regardless, a patient hospitalized due to dengue fever will be unable to work for a significant period. Even though insurance plans like dengue care policy will provide financial coverage for expenses incurred during the whole treatment process, loss of pay can become a significant issue for the patients. To take care of their daily needs, patients can avail of insurance policies like hospital cash cover.
The application process for such loans is hassle-free and instant, making it an attractive option among individuals.
The application process for dengue cover plan –
- Fill in the required information in the online application form available on the website of issuing financial institutions.
- Submit the required documents like PAN, AADHAR, bank account details.
- After completing the above steps, one can make the payment for the premium.
Individuals residing in subtropical regions not only run the risk of contracting vector borne diseases like dengue and malaria. They can also suffer from various other injuries and infections that are common during the rainy season. For additional protection, individuals can also avail monsoon cover insurance policy to secure their finances. This policy will fund the cost of doctor’s fees, medication, and hospitalization expenses incurred due to any illness caused during the rainy months.
Regardless, everyone should adopt a dengue nursing care plan which includes proper insurance policy and preventive measures to keep them and their families safe from vector-borne diseases like dengue and malaria.