Prom is a night for graduating seniors to commemorate their twelve years or more in school. It’ll be one of the last opportunities for your class to come together, wear the best prom dresses and have fun. It is a period when you know you are graduating from high school and are maturing into a young adult. It’s prom season, which means it’s time for graduating seniors to create a lasting impression. Here are some suggestions for a wonderful and memorable prom night:
1. Put together a prom scrapbook. Fill a binder with memories from prom night, such as the price tag from your dress, your corsage, and your ticket stubs. Then make a collage of your favorite prom photos for the scrapbook’s cover. Use the same theme for your scrapbook that you did for your prom.
2. Keep track of your prom preparations. Make a list of everything you’ll need for prom, including your dress, activities before and after, and who you’ll be with. Also, if necessary, schedule your pre-dance dinner ahead of time. Because prom night is a busy night for local restaurants, make a reservation for you and your date at least a month in advance.
3. Make sure you get plenty of rest before the big night. It will take a lot of energy to have a good time on prom night. You will be stressed from all of the preparations, and with all of the dancing you will be doing, you should get a good night’s sleep before prom, and perhaps even take a nap on prom day. You’ll need all the sleep you can get before prom night if you urged your parents to extend curfew. Believe me when I say that you will have more fun if you are not exhausted.
4. Most students think that going to prom as a group is a lot more fun. Couples can ride together in a car, and multiple cars can arrive at the dance at the same time. Rent a minibus to make your prom ride even bigger. Distribute a list to your group and begin recruiting. A ride of this size is less expensive per person than a limo. You’ll all come at the same time, and you’ll be able to sit at the same table and enjoy each other’s company for the rest of the evening. Keep in mind that the earlier you come, the more likely you are to find an empty table at which you may all sit together.
5. Have a get-together at someone’s place to shoot group photos and eat hors d’oeuvres. Make it a “mocktail party” with virgin beverages before the prom. Everyone will be able to get a head start on the evening as a result of this. It will also allow your parents to make a big deal out of you all and take as many pictures as they like. They’ll most likely be having as much fun as you.
6. Purchase a number of one-time-use cameras and distribute them to your buddies. Set a goal for yourself to use every last photo before the night is out. Hopefully, you’ll want to remember this night for the rest of your life, and candid photographs can help you do so.
7. Dance the night away. On prom night, don’t be a wallflower. Get up and start dancing! Don’t let the fact that you don’t want to slow dance with your prom partner stop you from having a good time. Gather your buddies and dance in a circle on the floor.
8. Sometimes students don’t stay long at the dance and only show up for pictures before leaving. These are the ones that are missing out on all of the excitement. Many of the folks you’ve spent the last four years of high school with maybe seeing you for the last time. It could be the largest party you’ve ever attended, with so many people you know in attendance. Enjoy yourself and have a good time! When you look back years later, you’ll remember it, and it’ll be a pleasant memory.
9. Take good care of your possessions. Leave no valuables on the table or in the restroom. Even if you believe you know everyone at the dance, it would be a shame to lose a camera or money simply because you were negligent and left it unattended.
10. After prom, be playful and have a good time. Here are some ideas: Go bowling or to a late-night arcade after prom. There’s nothing quite like a friendly rivalry to make everyone laugh out loud. Or get dressed up and go to a late-night diner, ordering fries and a milkshake; it’ll hit the spot and you’ll draw a lot of attention. You can even get together at a friend’s house, in their backyard, or on the beach, take off your shoes, turn up the music, and dance like nobody’s watching. When you’re dressed up, even the most mundane activities become more enjoyable! You only have one senior year in high school. You should make the most of your night and make it last as long as possible.
Prom is a fantastic chance to celebrate with your classmates, but don’t make any decisions on prom night that you will come to regret later. Drinking or using drugs impairs your judgment, can cause harm and is unlawful. You want this to be a night to remember for the right reasons, not for the wrong ones.