Russia is the largest country with the highest literacy rates in the world. It is known as a finely skilled society. Over thousands of students from around 168 countries travel to Russia to study MBBS.
There are many medical universities in Russia providing high-quality education. Most of the universities are recognized by WHO, NMC, UNESCO, Ministry of Science and Higher Education of the Russian Federation.
Candidates who are planning to study MBBS in Russia can get admission to one of the top medical colleges of Russia and pursue their dream career in the medical field.
Russia is known for strong academic schools in medical, physics, and natural science. Russia is the most preferred destination for Indian students to pursue MBBS.
Petrozavodsk State University, established in 1940, is a classical university offering a variety of modern programs at all levels of training – from the preparatory department to postgraduate studies. This university is a recognized leader in medical education for international students, a unique research center in indigenous languages of the North.
It has about over 1100 lecturers and research staff members, including 10 members of the State Russian Academies of Sciences, 730 doctors, and candidates of science (Ph.D.)
Petrozavodsk State University has one of the largest libraries in Karelia and holds around 1.4 million books. Since 1980, this university has been accepting international students. About 500 foreign students had taken part in various education programs at the university. Besides medical education, the university conducts research in various fields of science, including international programs. It is the largest educational institution and the leading university of the system of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation in the European North of Russia.
Faculties And Institutions Of Petrozavodsk State University are:
- Faculty of Agriculture
- Faculty of Mining and Geology
- Faculty of Mathematics
- Faculty of Physical Engineering
- Faculty of Philology
- Faculty of Ecology and Biology
- Faculty of Economics
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of History, Political and Social Studies
- Institute of Medicine
- Faculty of Forest, Industrial and Civil Engineering
- Faculty of Foreign Languages
- Institute of Pedagogics and Psychology
- Institute of Physical Culture, Sport, and Tourism
Petrozavodsk State Medical University has about 87 active international agreements with 27 countries ( including Finland, Sweden, Norway, France, Germany, Portugal, United Kingdom, United States of America, Canada, Belgium, Korea, countries of the Baltic region, and many more). The university holds around 30 international projects every year with the financial support of various international funds, programs, and organizations. PSU has foreign exchange programs with around 20 foreign universities.
Eligibility Criteria to study at Petrozavodsk State University:
- Candidates must be at least 17 years old by 31st December of the respective admission year.
- 12th pass out in Science with the combination of Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Maths as core subjects.
- Must be a 12th pass out from the recognized board of India.
- Candidates must have secured a minimum of 50% in 12th for General Category.
- Candidates must have secured a minimum of 45% in 12th for SC/ST.
- Must be NEET qualified.
The total study duration is 6 years, students will be given classroom learning for clinical studies for 5 years and 1 year for an internship to enhance their practical skills.
- Candidates who want to study MBBS at Petrozavodsk State University must follow the following procedures required for admission:
- Fill up the application form with the correct details and submit the form on the official university website.
- Once you receive an invitation letter from the university, save it for future use.
- Make payment for the university enrollment expense and save the 1st year enrollment fee receipt.
- Apply for a Visa.
Documents required during the admission process:
- Passport with a minimum of 18 months validity.
- Marks sheet of class 10th.
- Marks sheet of class 12th.
- Passport size photographs.
- Invitation letter from the university.
- Fee receipt of 1st-year tuition fee.
- Authorization of documents from the Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi.
- Legalization of documents from the Russian Embassy.
Accreditation/Recognition Of Degree from Petrozavodsk State University:
It is accredited by many medical bodies such as the Ministry of Science and Higher Education of the Russian Federation and also:
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- National Medical Commission (NMC)
- United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)
Know why you should study MBBS at Petrozavodsk State University
- It’s a classical university in the north-western region of Russia.
- 288 popular educational programs.
- The university has over 10,000 students (including international students).
- Affordable fee structure for international students.
- The leading international school in programmer’s training.
- Over 100 international and regional innovative projects are released at the University.
- The University has the biggest library with over 1.5 million books in 18 languages.
- 84 laboratories, development, and project departments.
- The university has established 27 innovative centers, 28 small enterprises, and 2 Technoparks.
- 117 patents gained from scientific research.
- The university also has a big range of sport and leisure activities.
- It has won seven national awards for state support of Russian universities.
Aspirants who cannot pursue MBBS in India because of limited seats or high fee structure can go for medical education abroad. Foreign medical universities provide world-class infrastructure and high-quality medical education at an affordable cost. If you are planning to study MBBS in Ukraine, the USA, Philippines, Bangladesh, UK or other foreign countries then consult the best overseas education consultants near you.
Good luck aspirants…!